Mermaid Confetti Mussels with Chips and Beer
- 1 kg Mussels (clean and ready)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp of butter
- Drop of beer
- 2 potatoes
- Sunflower oil
- Mermaid Confetti
- Lets get the chips ready first, peel and chop the potato into your desired size. Then for the best chip its best to cook twice, firstly blanching them at 140C and then crisping them up at 180C.
- If you have fryer then it is easier, if you are using a pan and oil then be super super safe and do wedges instead!
- Dice your onion and garlic and cook slowly in a pan, add the mussels and a drop of beer, cover and turn up the heat.
- Allow around 3 minutes and then check the mussels if they are open then you are ready to serve, if not then place the pan back on and leave it for another 2 minutes.
- Give the pan a quick shake and get all those juices mixed in, serve on a plate with your crispy lovely chips and top with Mermaid Confetti, pepper and vinegar.