La Bomba, also known as liquid paella, a popular street food in Colombia where they served the drink with raw oysters. Didn't think the Welsh were ready for raw oysters so use cockles or prawns or even lobster instead and sprinkle with Welshman's Caviar! Always popular on the Beach Shack and is so so refreshing on those hot Welsh summer days!
- 6 – 7 fresh tomatoes (washed)
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp of good honey
- Dash of olive oil
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Fresh shellfish (prawns, mussels, cockles) (can use sliced lobster for special occasions or raw oysters for the brave)
- A drop of good quality vodka (optional)
- Salt n Pepper
- 1 tsp of Welshman's Caviar
- Taste and season accordingly, it is important to have a little sweetness from the honey, sharpness from the lime juice and heat from the Tabasco and vodka.
- Place the tomatoes, lime juice, honey, olive oil, vodka and Tabasco sauce into a food processor and whiz up until you have a smooth liquid.
- Place the liquid into ice cold shot glasses and top with seafood and Welshman's Caviar.
- Best served on a hot day!